Tuesday, October 28

{Link Love} The Summer of Okra



 

This summer was the summer I found okra. I mean realllly found okra. Although I have fried okra several million times, I mostly did so because that was all I knew. Having only recently branched out to try new recipes, I have been surprised to discover how well okra accompanies foods I make all the time like rice and shrimp. 

Here are a few recipes I have saved and though I'd share! I'd love to hear your thoughts on okra. Do you have a favorite dish?
 
Shrimp and Okra Hush puppies
Pan Fried Okra, Shallots, and Tomatoes over Grits

Black-Eyed Peas & Okra
Black-Eyed Peas & Okra

Smashed Cayenne + Cornmeal Crusted Fried Okra | for the love of the south
Smashed Fried Okra
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo photo
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Skillet Roasted Okra and Shrimp
Lamb Chops with Roasted Okra, Zucchini, Lady Peas and Soffrito
Lamp Chops with Roasted Okra
Stir-Fried Okra with Shallots, Chile, and Ginger photo
Stir-Fried Okra with Shallots, Chile, and Ginger

Click photo caption for a link to each recipe!